
To our surprise, we found this sweet little nest in our hanging basket on our porch! We had noticed a lot of bird action by our front door. I was pretty sure something was going on. I just wasn't quite sure where they were building their nest. I then peeked into our hanging basket full of artificial geraniums. I spotted the nest but found nothing in it. A few weeks had passed and I thought I would check again and there it was, this adorable little nest with four tiny eggs! So fragile and so precious! I immediately got the boys and held them up so they could see in the nest and witness this little miracle of life! How lucky we are that these birds chose our porch to make their home! We get to hear hear their cute little bird songs in the morning and watch them sit in our tree throughout the day. Many mornings the boys go sit on the porch and watch our little birds. They say they are going bird watching! Cody is always wanting to feed them and comes up with funny ideas of food for them, like popcorn seeds!
3 comments:
How wonderful! Just be prepared for when the baby birds hatch as Momma bird will be trying to attack all of you! Great Picture Rachelle
Those eggs must be so tiny. I wish Winter would get out of the way so Spring could have a chance to get a foot in the door.
That's awesome. I'm going to have bring my kids over to look at them! How cool!!
Post a Comment